MP Assembly winter session begins
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to nine former members, including Leader of Opposition Jamuna Devi, who passed away during the intersession period.
Devi`s political career began in 1952. She was also inducted as the first woman deputy Chief Minister in 1998.
She was elected as the Leader of Opposition for the first time in 2003. She had also served as a member of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
Besides Devi, the House also paid tributes to former MLAs Rohini Kumar Vajpayee, Harishankar Ahirwar, Mahadev Prasad Hazari, Omprakash Purohit, Babusingh Alava, Dr Ashok Sable, Babusingh Solanki and Maniram Barange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered