MP Assembly winter session begins
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to nine former members, including Leader of Opposition Jamuna Devi, who passed away during the intersession period.
Devi`s political career began in 1952. She was also inducted as the first woman deputy Chief Minister in 1998.
She was elected as the Leader of Opposition for the first time in 2003. She had also served as a member of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
Besides Devi, the House also paid tributes to former MLAs Rohini Kumar Vajpayee, Harishankar Ahirwar, Mahadev Prasad Hazari, Omprakash Purohit, Babusingh Alava, Dr Ashok Sable, Babusingh Solanki and Maniram Barange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'