MP Assembly winter session begins
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Monday paid rich tributes to nine former members, including Leader of Opposition Jamuna Devi, who passed away during the intersession period.
Devi`s political career began in 1952. She was also inducted as the first woman deputy Chief Minister in 1998.
She was elected as the Leader of Opposition for the first time in 2003. She had also served as a member of the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
Besides Devi, the House also paid tributes to former MLAs Rohini Kumar Vajpayee, Harishankar Ahirwar, Mahadev Prasad Hazari, Omprakash Purohit, Babusingh Alava, Dr Ashok Sable, Babusingh Solanki and Maniram Barange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’