MP Congress opposition accuses the BJP of `appeasing` Muslims
Bhopal: Congress leader Ajay Singh on Friday took a dig at BJP over its "new-found" love for Muslims, saying it was the same party which had charged Congress with appeasing the community.
"The BJP itself is now following a policy of appeasing Muslims and by doing this, it is betraying them," the Leader of the Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly said in a statement issued here on Friday.
Singh said Congress had always believed in the "secular spirit" of the Constitution and the party had always worked to ensure that no injustice was committed to anyone.
He said the BJP government had first issued an order for verses from the Bhagwad Gita to be taught in madrasas and then withdrew it. It also printed advertisements on Ganesh Chaturthi and Janmashtami, but had never issued advertisements during Eid or Christmas, he claimed.
The BJP is trying to bring Muslims wearing burqas and skull caps to a meeting to be addressed by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Ajay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof