MP Govt demands urgent meeting of GoM on Bhopal tragedy
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Government today
demanded an urgent meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM),
headed by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, on the Bhopal gas
The ruling BJP in the state also sought reconstitution of
the Bhopal Memorial Hospital Trust.
In a letter to Chidambaram, Bhopal Gas Tragedy Relief and
Rehabilitation Minister Babulal Gaur said in the light of the
June 7 judgement in the 1984 case, the GoM should urgently
call a meeting to discuss the issue and recommend suitable
action against the accused, especially former Union Carbide
Corporation Chairman Warren Anderson.
He also demanded reconstitution of the Bhopal Memorial
Hospital Trust, headed by former CJI A M Ahmedi, in view of
the fact that majority of its members are not from Bhopal.
The trust members should include the Chief Minister,
Gas Tragedy Relief Minister and elected representatives of the
the city. The GoM should approach the Supreme Court, on whose
direction the trust was formed, in this regard, Gaur said.
Issues like Rs 982.75-crore rehabilitation scheme and
construction of a memorial with an estimated cost of Rs 116
crore should be taken up immediately by the GoM to heal the
wounds of the gas-affected people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in