MP Govt demands urgent meeting of GoM on Bhopal tragedy
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Government today
demanded an urgent meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM),
headed by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram, on the Bhopal gas
The ruling BJP in the state also sought reconstitution of
the Bhopal Memorial Hospital Trust.
In a letter to Chidambaram, Bhopal Gas Tragedy Relief and
Rehabilitation Minister Babulal Gaur said in the light of the
June 7 judgement in the 1984 case, the GoM should urgently
call a meeting to discuss the issue and recommend suitable
action against the accused, especially former Union Carbide
Corporation Chairman Warren Anderson.
He also demanded reconstitution of the Bhopal Memorial
Hospital Trust, headed by former CJI A M Ahmedi, in view of
the fact that majority of its members are not from Bhopal.
The trust members should include the Chief Minister,
Gas Tragedy Relief Minister and elected representatives of the
the city. The GoM should approach the Supreme Court, on whose
direction the trust was formed, in this regard, Gaur said.
Issues like Rs 982.75-crore rehabilitation scheme and
construction of a memorial with an estimated cost of Rs 116
crore should be taken up immediately by the GoM to heal the
wounds of the gas-affected people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi