MP govt expands cabinet, 4 ministers sworn in
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday expanded his Council of Ministers by inducting four members, including a kin of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Anup Mishra, Vajpayee`s nephew, who had resigned from the state cabinet about two years back after his kin`s name figured in a murder case in Gwalior, was re-inducted into the cabinet today.
Three Ministers of State-- Rajendra Shukla, Paras Jain and Ranjana Baghel-- were elevated to the cabinet rank today.
Governor Ram Naresh Yadav administered the oath of office and secrecy to the four ministers at a function held at Raj Bhavan.
Besides the Chief Minister, the swearing-in ceremony was attended by former state Chief Ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi, BJP general secretary Anant Kumar and state BJP president Prabhat Jha.
Talking to reporters, Chouhan said that the portfolios of the four ministers would be announced later this evening.
When asked if he would make any changes in the portfolios, Chouhan said, "There would be no major changes."
He added that there was no possibility of a reshuffle or expansion in his ministry before the 2013 assembly polls.
Chouhan said that as per the Constitution, the strength of the council of ministers can be 15 per cent of total strength of the assembly.
He added that the number of ministers in the cabinet was well within the permissible limit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan
- Oil prices fall as Brexit lingers, refined products glut looms