MP govt expands cabinet, 4 ministers sworn in
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday expanded his Council of Ministers by inducting four members, including a kin of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Anup Mishra, Vajpayee`s nephew, who had resigned from the state cabinet about two years back after his kin`s name figured in a murder case in Gwalior, was re-inducted into the cabinet today.
Three Ministers of State-- Rajendra Shukla, Paras Jain and Ranjana Baghel-- were elevated to the cabinet rank today.
Governor Ram Naresh Yadav administered the oath of office and secrecy to the four ministers at a function held at Raj Bhavan.
Besides the Chief Minister, the swearing-in ceremony was attended by former state Chief Ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi, BJP general secretary Anant Kumar and state BJP president Prabhat Jha.
Talking to reporters, Chouhan said that the portfolios of the four ministers would be announced later this evening.
When asked if he would make any changes in the portfolios, Chouhan said, "There would be no major changes."
He added that there was no possibility of a reshuffle or expansion in his ministry before the 2013 assembly polls.
Chouhan said that as per the Constitution, the strength of the council of ministers can be 15 per cent of total strength of the assembly.
He added that the number of ministers in the cabinet was well within the permissible limit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India