MP govt expands cabinet, 4 ministers sworn in
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday expanded his Council of Ministers by inducting four members, including a kin of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
Anup Mishra, Vajpayee`s nephew, who had resigned from the state cabinet about two years back after his kin`s name figured in a murder case in Gwalior, was re-inducted into the cabinet today.
Three Ministers of State-- Rajendra Shukla, Paras Jain and Ranjana Baghel-- were elevated to the cabinet rank today.
Governor Ram Naresh Yadav administered the oath of office and secrecy to the four ministers at a function held at Raj Bhavan.
Besides the Chief Minister, the swearing-in ceremony was attended by former state Chief Ministers Sunderlal Patwa and Kailash Joshi, BJP general secretary Anant Kumar and state BJP president Prabhat Jha.
Talking to reporters, Chouhan said that the portfolios of the four ministers would be announced later this evening.
When asked if he would make any changes in the portfolios, Chouhan said, "There would be no major changes."
He added that there was no possibility of a reshuffle or expansion in his ministry before the 2013 assembly polls.
Chouhan said that as per the Constitution, the strength of the council of ministers can be 15 per cent of total strength of the assembly.
He added that the number of ministers in the cabinet was well within the permissible limit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why