MP govt expects more farmers to benefit from low interest rate
Bhopal: Over 30 lakh farmers in Madhya
Pradesh are expected to borrow nearly Rs 6500 crore for
agricultural purposes as the state government has lowered the
rate of interest on farm-loans to one percent.
The sources in the state government on Sunday said that
farmers availed loans to the tune of Rs 5746 crore against the
target of Rs 5000 crore in the just concluded financial year
in stark contrast with measly borrowings of Rs 1275 crore in
the last financial year owing to 16 per cent rate of interest.
In the last four years, the number of farmers
benefited by the low interest rate has risen to one crore.
The state government has provided Rs 313.97 crore for
the co-operative banks to grant loans and also made a special
provision of Rs 300 crore in the state budget for the purpose.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark