MP House adjourned briefly on `objectionable` remarks by Bisen
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Wednesday adjourned for five minutes during the Question Hour following ruckus created by Opposition Congress over an objectionable remark made by Agriculture Minister Gaurishankar Bisen on the issue of not getting any financial assistance from the Centre for the rain/hail hit farmers in the state.
Answering a question from Dilip Singh Shekhawat (Congress) on the issue of crop insurance scheme Bisen said that though the state government had provided a lot of assistance to farmers, the Centre had failed to give a single paisa to the state for providing relief to them.
Also, the BJP members condemned the Centre`s behaviour by shouting "shame-shame".
To which, the Congress members objected. Following this, an objectionable remark by Bisen resulted in ruckus and agitated Opposition members rushed to the well of the house and raised slogans against the Minister.
The Speaker later expunged the remark.
The BJP members also rushed to the well in protest but the Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Narottam Mishra and other senior members persuaded both BJP and Congress members to return to their seats after which the Speaker adjourned the house for five minutes to restore order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27