MP IPS murder: Prime accused in judicial custody
Indore: A special CBI court on Monday remanded suspected mining mafia member and prime accused in IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh murder case, Manoj Gurjar, in judicial custody till May 18.
Gurjar was produced by CBI in the court of special judicial magistrate Dr Shubhra Singh and was ordered to be sent to a local jail on plea of the central agency which is probing the killing of the 32-year-old IPS officer.
Gurjar allegedly mowed down Singh, who was posted as Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) at Barmore town in Morena district on March 8, when he tried to intercept a tractor-trolley, laden with illegally mined stones, allegedly driven by Gurjar.
The investigation was handed over to CBI after the slain officer`s IAS wife Madhurani sought a probe by the central agency into her husband`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal