MP IPS murder: Prime accused in judicial custody
Indore: A special CBI court on Monday remanded suspected mining mafia member and prime accused in IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh murder case, Manoj Gurjar, in judicial custody till May 18.
Gurjar was produced by CBI in the court of special judicial magistrate Dr Shubhra Singh and was ordered to be sent to a local jail on plea of the central agency which is probing the killing of the 32-year-old IPS officer.
Gurjar allegedly mowed down Singh, who was posted as Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) at Barmore town in Morena district on March 8, when he tried to intercept a tractor-trolley, laden with illegally mined stones, allegedly driven by Gurjar.
The investigation was handed over to CBI after the slain officer`s IAS wife Madhurani sought a probe by the central agency into her husband`s murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report