MP minister says no to shoes with laces
Chhindwara (MP): Madhya Pradesh Cooperative
Minister Gauri Shankar Bisen, who landed in a controversy
after being caught by TV cameras getting his shoe laces
tied by a tribal student, swore before media
that from now onwards, he would only wear shoes without laces.
"I swear that from now onwards, I will not wear any shoes
with laces. I have specially brought from Pune six pairs of
shoes without laces," Bisen told reporters here today.
Bisen landed in a controversy after he was caught by TV
cameras getting his shoe laces tied by a minor tribal student
at a public function at Khamra in the presence of Union
Minister for Urban Development Kamal Nath two days back.
However, he had said that following his bypass surgery,
doctors advised him not to bend forward, after which he
employed this student- Chhotu to take care of his personal
The minister, however, said that one should be cautious
in public life and should not indulge in such activities.
He said that when the boy saw that he was finding it
difficult to tie the shoelace, he himself came to his help.
Bisen claimed that the 18-year-old boy Shubham (Chotu) is
his relative and not a tribal.
He strongly criticised Kamal Nath and Madhya Pradesh
Congress Committee (MPCC) President Kantilal Bhuria for
"spreading a lie that the boy is a tribal without verifying
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31