MP minister shot at by unidentified persons, escapes unhurt
Bhind: A Madhya Pradesh minister was on Friday shot at by unidentified assailants at Aroli village, about 35km from the district headquarters, police said.
Lal Singh Arya, the Minister of State for General Administration, Narmada Valley Development and Aviation, was shot at during a function to inaugurate a government school here. He escaped unhurt in the incident, police said.
"The incident took place at around 5-5.30 P.M. When the minister was at the inauguration of a government school in Aroli village," Bhind SP Dr Ashish told reporters.
The assailants fled the spot after firing at Arya, who represents the Gohad Assembly seat in the district, police said.
Police have launched a manhunt to nab those behind the attack, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda