MP: NSUI activist set afire by Bajrang Dal workers
Betul (MP): An activist of Congress` student wing was set ablaze allegedly by Bajrang Dal workers in Shahpur teshil following dispute over submission of a memorandum to the local administration, police said Saturday.
Rohit Joshi, a member of National Students` Union of India, was rushed to Padhar Missionary Hospital where doctors said he has suffered nearly 35 per cent burn injuries.
The 20-year-old had submitted a memorandum to Sub- Divisional Magistrate two days ago on the issue of shortage of teachers in Shahpur Government College. This had led to an argument between him and some Bajrang Dal workers, police said.
Last evening, Bajrang Dal workers Shyam Shukla, Vijay Choudhary, Avinash Singh Yadav and Vinod Mohre went to his house and took him away to a secluded place on the pretext of discussing and settling the issue.
After reaching the spot, they suddenly poured kerosene on Joshi and set him afire. He somehow manage to reach his house and was later taken to hospital, where his condition is said to be stable, police said.
Based on the NSUI activist`s statement, police registered a case under IPC Section 307 (attempt to murder) and rounded up the four Bajrang Dal workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok