MP: NSUI activist set afire by Bajrang Dal workers
Betul (MP): An activist of Congress` student wing was set ablaze allegedly by Bajrang Dal workers in Shahpur teshil following dispute over submission of a memorandum to the local administration, police said Saturday.
Rohit Joshi, a member of National Students` Union of India, was rushed to Padhar Missionary Hospital where doctors said he has suffered nearly 35 per cent burn injuries.
The 20-year-old had submitted a memorandum to Sub- Divisional Magistrate two days ago on the issue of shortage of teachers in Shahpur Government College. This had led to an argument between him and some Bajrang Dal workers, police said.
Last evening, Bajrang Dal workers Shyam Shukla, Vijay Choudhary, Avinash Singh Yadav and Vinod Mohre went to his house and took him away to a secluded place on the pretext of discussing and settling the issue.
After reaching the spot, they suddenly poured kerosene on Joshi and set him afire. He somehow manage to reach his house and was later taken to hospital, where his condition is said to be stable, police said.
Based on the NSUI activist`s statement, police registered a case under IPC Section 307 (attempt to murder) and rounded up the four Bajrang Dal workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report