MP Police killed Kargil warrior in cold blood: Wife
Bhopal: A Congress leader has alleged
that her husband Amjad Khan, a former Armyman who had fought
in the Kargil conflict, was killed by Madhya Pradesh Police in
an alleged fake encounter for medals and promotions.
"My husband was killed in cold blood by the Bhind
Police to get medals and promotions," Yasmin Khan said at a
press conference in presence of Congress leaders at party`s
office here Friday evening.
She is Lahar block unit Congress president in Bhind
Appealing for justice, she said when Amjad left home
with policemen, he was in plainclothes but after the alleged
encounter, khaki dress was found on his body.
Amjad, who was shot dead for being a "dacoit", was in
the Army for 10 years and had taken part in the 1999 Kargil
war before becoming a social worker. He was an active Youth
Congress leader of Bhind district, Yasmin said.
His family members said they were told by the visiting
police team that they (Amjad and other three youths) were
being taken for questioning in some case.
All four were killed in an encounter with the police
in the ravines of Bhind district on August 22. Police had
claimed that they were "dacoits".
The other three were Raju Banjara of Jalaun district,
Uttar Pradesh, Udal Barhai of Datia district and Ravindra
Udonia, a resident of Bhind district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof