MPPEB scam: MP Congress leader gets bail in defamation case
Bhopal: A local court Monday granted bail to Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee`s chief spokesperson KK Mishra in connection with a defamation case against him for levelling allegations of involvement of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and his family in the MPPEB scam.
Mishra had last month levelled allegations against Chouhan and his wife in connection with the Madhya Pradesh Professional Board Examination (MPPEB) scam, following which a defamation case was filed against him on behalf of Chouhan by the public prosecutor on June 26.
The court of Additional District Judge (ADJ) Manoj Shrivastava granted bail to Mishra, who appeared before the court, and directed him to furnish a bail and bond of Rs 25,000 each.
The court has fixed August 8 as the next date of hearing in the case.
Mishra had alleged that a number of candidates belonging to Gondia town in Maharashtra, which happens to be Chouhan`s wife`s place, were selected as constables in transport department but did not provide any documents in support of his allegations.
Later, state Transport Minister Bhupendra Singh had released a list of successful candidates in which no person from Maharashtra was selected.
Following this,the state government on behalf of Chouhan had filed a defamation case in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!