Murder accused escapes by producing fake bail order
Neemuch (MP): A murder accused is found to have secured release from Indore Central Jail on the basis of a fake bail order.
Narendra Kothari, a Rajasthan-based property dealer, is an accused in a case of contract killing of a property dealer Rajendra Sharma in Neemuch district of Madhya Pradesh in November 2008.
Kothari and two alleged contract killers -- Imran and Sabir -- were arrested in the case and sent to Neemuch`s Kanavati jail. However, about six months ago Kothari was shifted to Indore jail for medical treatment.
His escape came to light yesterday when police told the court here that they could not produce him because he had been released on bail a month ago.
When the court asked to see the bail order, it was found to be fake. The court then asked police to file a fresh case against him.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Neemuch, Pankaj Pandey said that police had launched a manhunt for Kothari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today
- Baloch leaders booked: JKNPP calls on Centre to slap sedition charges against separatists
- Earth's temperature dropped during solar eclipse