Murder accused escapes by producing fake bail order
Neemuch (MP): A murder accused is found to have secured release from Indore Central Jail on the basis of a fake bail order.
Narendra Kothari, a Rajasthan-based property dealer, is an accused in a case of contract killing of a property dealer Rajendra Sharma in Neemuch district of Madhya Pradesh in November 2008.
Kothari and two alleged contract killers -- Imran and Sabir -- were arrested in the case and sent to Neemuch`s Kanavati jail. However, about six months ago Kothari was shifted to Indore jail for medical treatment.
His escape came to light yesterday when police told the court here that they could not produce him because he had been released on bail a month ago.
When the court asked to see the bail order, it was found to be fake. The court then asked police to file a fresh case against him.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Neemuch, Pankaj Pandey said that police had launched a manhunt for Kothari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town