Murder accused escapes by producing fake bail order
Neemuch (MP): A murder accused is found to have secured release from Indore Central Jail on the basis of a fake bail order.
Narendra Kothari, a Rajasthan-based property dealer, is an accused in a case of contract killing of a property dealer Rajendra Sharma in Neemuch district of Madhya Pradesh in November 2008.
Kothari and two alleged contract killers -- Imran and Sabir -- were arrested in the case and sent to Neemuch`s Kanavati jail. However, about six months ago Kothari was shifted to Indore jail for medical treatment.
His escape came to light yesterday when police told the court here that they could not produce him because he had been released on bail a month ago.
When the court asked to see the bail order, it was found to be fake. The court then asked police to file a fresh case against him.
Additional Superintendent of Police, Neemuch, Pankaj Pandey said that police had launched a manhunt for Kothari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre