NCSC issues arrest warrant against MP Chief Secy
Bhopal: The National Commission for Scheduled Caste (NCSC) has issued an arrest warrant against Madhya Pradesh Chief Secretary Avni Vaish after he allegedly failed to turn up before it following summons in connection with complaints of filling SC posts with general category.
"We issued arrest warrant against Vaish yesterday in connection with some complaints lodged with us 10 months ago alleging that general category people have been promoted to fill up the posts reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC) persons unconstitutionally," NCSC member Mahendra Boddh told repoprters.
According to the warrant Vaish will have to appear before the Commission tomorrow.
He has failed to appear before the Commission, on three counts, to put forth the state`s view regarding the order of 2006 whereby post reserved for SC had been filled
with the promotion of general category people in MP.
"We called him to be present before the Commission on May 11, May 17 and May 24 and when he failed we issued the arrest warrant," Boddh said.
"We came down to Bhopal on May 15 but then also, Vaish did not meet us in connection with the complaints and order of 2006," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!