New hut at Chandrashekhar Azad`s birthplace
Bhopal: The Jhabua district administration has started construction of a new hut at the birthplace of freedom fighter Chandrashekhar Azad at Azad Nagar (Bhabhra) with the consent of people`s representatives and prominent citizens.
The new hut is being constructed at the same place where Azad was born on July 23, 1906.
In 1970, the then sarpanch Nanalal Jain with the consent of general public demolished the hut and constructed a new hut on the birthplace of Azad on the basis of identification by Dai Maa Kaali Begum.
In 1998, the then vice president Krishan Kant had named Bhabhra as Chandrashekhar Azad Nagar after the freedom fighter.
In 2006, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid the foundation stone of Azad Memorial at Azad Nagar. For this, all the MLAs of undivided Jhabua district had contributed funds from MLA fund. It was decided at that time that a grand temple will be constructed at Azad`s birthplace.
The hut constructed on the birthplace of Azad in 1970 had become dilapidated.
Its walls had developed cracks and the bamboos as well as the wooden poles had got rotten. The district collector called a meeting of political parties and prominent citizens on May 22, 2012 for renovation of the hut following which it was unanimously decided to build a new hut in memory of Azad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi