New hut at Chandrashekhar Azad`s birthplace
Bhopal: The Jhabua district administration has started construction of a new hut at the birthplace of freedom fighter Chandrashekhar Azad at Azad Nagar (Bhabhra) with the consent of people`s representatives and prominent citizens.
The new hut is being constructed at the same place where Azad was born on July 23, 1906.
In 1970, the then sarpanch Nanalal Jain with the consent of general public demolished the hut and constructed a new hut on the birthplace of Azad on the basis of identification by Dai Maa Kaali Begum.
In 1998, the then vice president Krishan Kant had named Bhabhra as Chandrashekhar Azad Nagar after the freedom fighter.
In 2006, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan laid the foundation stone of Azad Memorial at Azad Nagar. For this, all the MLAs of undivided Jhabua district had contributed funds from MLA fund. It was decided at that time that a grand temple will be constructed at Azad`s birthplace.
The hut constructed on the birthplace of Azad in 1970 had become dilapidated.
Its walls had developed cracks and the bamboos as well as the wooden poles had got rotten. The district collector called a meeting of political parties and prominent citizens on May 22, 2012 for renovation of the hut following which it was unanimously decided to build a new hut in memory of Azad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy