No instance of farmer suicide in MP: BJP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Saturday claimed that no farmer in the state in recent past has committed suicide owing to indebtedness.
"I am happy to say that unlike many other states, including Maharashtra where a number of farmers have committed suicide, no such thing has taken place in Madhya Pradesh," Jha said while talking to reporters here.
Observing that the state government was working towards making agriculture a "profitable business", Jha said that Madhya Pradesh was the only state in the country to disburse loans to farmers at zero per cent interest.
Replying to a query, the BJP president said deaths due to malnutrition in the state are a matter of concern and "must be looked into".
Meanwhile, when contacted the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Ajay Singh was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE