No instance of farmer suicide in MP: BJP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Saturday claimed that no farmer in the state in recent past has committed suicide owing to indebtedness.
"I am happy to say that unlike many other states, including Maharashtra where a number of farmers have committed suicide, no such thing has taken place in Madhya Pradesh," Jha said while talking to reporters here.
Observing that the state government was working towards making agriculture a "profitable business", Jha said that Madhya Pradesh was the only state in the country to disburse loans to farmers at zero per cent interest.
Replying to a query, the BJP president said deaths due to malnutrition in the state are a matter of concern and "must be looked into".
Meanwhile, when contacted the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Ajay Singh was not available for comment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani