No instance of farmer suicide in MP: BJP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Saturday claimed that no farmer in the state in recent past has committed suicide owing to indebtedness.
"I am happy to say that unlike many other states, including Maharashtra where a number of farmers have committed suicide, no such thing has taken place in Madhya Pradesh," Jha said while talking to reporters here.
Observing that the state government was working towards making agriculture a "profitable business", Jha said that Madhya Pradesh was the only state in the country to disburse loans to farmers at zero per cent interest.
Replying to a query, the BJP president said deaths due to malnutrition in the state are a matter of concern and "must be looked into".
Meanwhile, when contacted the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Ajay Singh was not available for comment.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on