No instance of farmer suicide in MP: BJP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP president Prabhat Jha on Saturday claimed that no farmer in the state in recent past has committed suicide owing to indebtedness.
"I am happy to say that unlike many other states, including Maharashtra where a number of farmers have committed suicide, no such thing has taken place in Madhya Pradesh," Jha said while talking to reporters here.
Observing that the state government was working towards making agriculture a "profitable business", Jha said that Madhya Pradesh was the only state in the country to disburse loans to farmers at zero per cent interest.
Replying to a query, the BJP president said deaths due to malnutrition in the state are a matter of concern and "must be looked into".
Meanwhile, when contacted the Leader of Opposition in the Assembly, Ajay Singh was not available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM