No new tax in Indore Municipal Corporation budget
Indore: No new tax has imposed in the Indore Municipal Corporation (IMC)`s Rs 1979.55 crore budget for FY 2013-14 presented on Monday.
The budget lays emphasis on improving drainage system, water supply, road works, revival and cleaning of wells in the city, which is the commercial capital of Madhya Pradesh.
Presenting the budget, Mayor Krishan Murari Moghe said the IMC plans to spend Rs 1987.53 crore on various civic works in the current fiscal. This would lead to a deficit budget of Rs 63.85 crore in the stipulated year.
IMC recover pending dues from citizens on account of property tax and reduce the deficit estimates, Moghe said.
The civic body neither proposed any new tax nor offered any major concessions to citizens. It, however, provided minor rebates on advance payment of property tax, the Mayor said.
In FY 2012-13, IMC had projected revenue budget proposals of Rs 1479 crore. But it could earn revenue of Rs 750 crore, incurring a deficit of Rs 41.98 crore, he said. Moghe claimed IMC had spent Rs 600 crore on Narmda Water Project for Indore in its third phase.
Mayor informed the House IMC had asked the MP Government to pay dues of Rs 150 crore on account of pending bills related to Narmada project and infrastructure development plans.
The Budget proposals would be taken up for debate in next meetings of the corporation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!