Now, Digvijay Singh equates RSS with Taliban
Raghogarh: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, a known RSS baiter, has equated the saffron outfit with the Taliban.
Singh alleged that there was not much difference between RSS and the Taliban as both are fundamentalist.
"I am saying this because both are fundamentalist in nature and they want to take us back to the 18th century," the Congress leader told reporters here last night after addressing a meeting for Raghogarh Municipal elections.
Singh said that "only fundamentalists want to prescribe a dress code for women and by doing this they want to hide their own misbehaviour".
The Congress General Secretary said that the day was not far off when the RSS would want to ban jeans, computer and mobile phones for women.
Taking a dig at the Sangh, he said "if the RSS was so fond of Indian culture, then why do its swayamsevaks wear shorts which are of western origin.
"It would be much better if they start wearing the Indian dhoti," Singh said.
He said that Indian culture teaches us that a household, where women are respected, remains happy and where the women are not respected, there can be no happiness.
The Congress General Secretary said that in contrast to this, RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat had described marriage as a social agreement under which men work while women stay inside their homes.
Singh also lashed out at Madhya Pradesh Minister Kailash Vijaywargia for his remark that women must repect the "Laxman Rekha", saying that had he been the Chief Minister, he would have dismissed Vijaywargia from the cabinet.
Singh said that by his statement, Vijaywargia had insulted not only the entire womenhood but also Lord Rama and Sita.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP