Oppn to bring no-trust motion against BJP Govt in MP: Congress
Bhopal: The new Leader of Opposition in
Madhya Pradesh Assembly and Congress member Ajay Singh on Saturday said a no-confidence motion would be brought this year against
the BJP Government.
"Two Assembly sessions are slated to be held this
year and the no-confidence motion would be brought in one of
them," he said at a press conference here.
"Black papers" on the "misdeeds" of the Shivraj Singh
Chouhan Government would be issued from time to time, he said.
"We have seen many white papers but the misdeeds of
this government can be listed only in a black paper," he said.
The Congress leader said corruption had reached its
peak in Madhya Pradesh. "The Congress would expose corruption
in the state and bring before the people its ugly face."
Although the BJP was in power, the ruling party had
fallen into the clutches of the Sangh Parivar which was
deciding most things in Madhya Pradesh, he said.
Madhya Pradesh used to be earlier known as an island
of peace, but now it had been turned into a "haven for
criminals", the Congress legislator said.
Ajay said the law and order situation was precarious,
the kidnapping industry was flourishing, incidents of rape
were on the rise and Dalit women were being insulted.
The manner in which a piece of land had been allotted
by the BJP Government to the Kushabhau Thakre trust had come
in for sharp criticism from the Supreme Court, Ajay said.
Graft cases were pending with the Lokayukta against
several Ministers but they continue to hold office, he said.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan is fond of
talking about a golden Madhya Pradesh, but nothing had been
done in this direction, the Congress leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam