President to inaugurate Hindi varsity in Bhopal
Bhopal: President Pranab Mukherjee has given his consent to inaugurate the Hindi University and a tribal museum in Bhopal.
The President asked Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who called on him here yesterday, to fix a date for it, an official release said today.
Hindi University is the first-of-its-kind in the country where all subjects will be taught in Hindi medium, Chouhan told the President.
Also, a tribal museum is being built in the state as 21 per cent population of Madhya Pradesh comprises of tribals, the release said.
On the concern shown towards farmers in the President`s maiden speech, Chouhan informed him that fertiliser prices have been increased by the Centre which will deteriorate farmers` condition further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof