Probes ordered into Bihar minister son`s alleged suicide bid
Gwalior: Gwalior District Collector and Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Saturday ordered separate probes into the alleged attempted suicide by Adarsh Kumar, son of Bihar Cooperative Minister Jai Kumar Singh, studying in the prestigious Scindia School here, officials said.
Fourteen-year-old Adarsh Kumar was found with a cloth tied to his neck in his hostel room in a suspicious manner on August 20, after which he was rushed to a private hospital for treatment.
When his condition deteriorated, he was shifted to New Delhi`s Apollo Hospital. His condition was reported to be serious following which he was put on a ventilator.
Adarsh is believed to have attempted suicide after an alleged ragging incident at the school.
"Prima facie it appears that he had tried to hang himself from a ceiling fan," an official said.
Taking serious cognisance of the matter, District Collector P Narhari ordered a magisterial probe into the incident to be conducted by Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) S Saxena, the official said.
SSP Santosh Kumar Singh also ordered Additional SP, Mohammad Yusuf Qureshi to conduct an inquiry into the incident in detail, especially the ragging angle as alleged by his parents.
Efforts to contact the school authorities on the issue proved futile.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference