Probes ordered into Bihar minister son`s alleged suicide bid
Gwalior: Gwalior District Collector and Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Saturday ordered separate probes into the alleged attempted suicide by Adarsh Kumar, son of Bihar Cooperative Minister Jai Kumar Singh, studying in the prestigious Scindia School here, officials said.
Fourteen-year-old Adarsh Kumar was found with a cloth tied to his neck in his hostel room in a suspicious manner on August 20, after which he was rushed to a private hospital for treatment.
When his condition deteriorated, he was shifted to New Delhi`s Apollo Hospital. His condition was reported to be serious following which he was put on a ventilator.
Adarsh is believed to have attempted suicide after an alleged ragging incident at the school.
"Prima facie it appears that he had tried to hang himself from a ceiling fan," an official said.
Taking serious cognisance of the matter, District Collector P Narhari ordered a magisterial probe into the incident to be conducted by Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) S Saxena, the official said.
SSP Santosh Kumar Singh also ordered Additional SP, Mohammad Yusuf Qureshi to conduct an inquiry into the incident in detail, especially the ragging angle as alleged by his parents.
Efforts to contact the school authorities on the issue proved futile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'