Shehla case: Polygraph test to be done on Irfan
Indore: A special court hearing the RTI
activist Shehla Masood murder case on Friday extended the police
custody of alleged contract killer Irfan till March 22 and
also granted CBI the permission to conduct a lie detection
test on him.
Irfan was produced in the special CBI court of
judicial magistrate Dr Subhra Singh which extended his police
custody till March 22, senior public prosecutor Hemant Shukla
"It is up to the investigators (CBI) to decide when
will he be subjected to polygraph test," he said.
Uttar Pradesh police had handed over Irfan`s custody
to CBI on March 9 which then formally arrested him under
section 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of the
Indian Penal Code.
Irfan, who is the fourth accused in the murder case of
the 32-year-old activist, was arrested by Uttar Pradesh police
from Talaq Mahal locality in Kanpur on February 27.
Besides him, Bhopal-based architect Zahida Pervez, her
assistant Saba Farooqui and alleged contract killer Shakib
`Danger` are the three other accused in the case.
The court also allowed CBI to bring and seize Irfan`s
cloths from Kanpur jail, Shukla said.
On March 14, main accused Zahida Pervez had recorded
her statement in the closed-door hearing before the special
CBI court under section 164 of CrPC, while the co-accused Saba
Farooqui refused undergoing it. The duo had also refused
taking the polygraph test even though they had agreed for it
Another accused Shaikb `Danger` who is currently in
judicial custody at Indore Central Jail, had agreed to make
his statement after ten days in the CBI special court.
Saba and Shaikb were remanded in judicial custody till
Shehla was shot dead outside her residence at posh
Koh-e-Fiza locality in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees