Shehla case: Remand of five accused extended
Indore: The judicial remand of all the five accused in RTI activist Shehla Masood`s murder case has been extended to June 11 by the special CBI court.
After filing of chargesheet on May 25, all the five accused - Zahida Pervez, Saba Farooqui, Saquib Ali (Danger), Irfan and Tabish were produced before the Special CBI Judge Dr Shubra Singh yesterday.
The court extended their judicial remand till June 11 and handed them over a copy of chargesheet each, which was filed by the CBI.
The chargesheet blamed Zahida, Saba and Saquib for the murder and conspiracy of Shehla.
According to CBI, Shehla was shot dead in front of her house at Koh-e-Fiza area on August 16, 2011 by alleged sharp shooter Irfan while Tabish accompanied him on the motor cycle at the spot and Saquib kept an eye on them from a safe distance.
After the hearing when mediapersons asked Zahida to comment on the chargesheet, she claimed that she was under tremendous pressure on the issue. However, she did not elaborate further in this regard.
Her close confidant, Saba however alleged that CBI is shielding those involved in the crime and framing innocents in the case.
Zahida and other accused also urged the court to transfer the case to Bhopal for trial, but the judge said a decision on it will be taken as per the rules.
Earlier, CBI gave a clean chit to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh saying he had no role in the murder of Masood.
However, Singh`s name was mentioned in the charge sheet in connection with the motive of the murder as he was allegedly having a relationship with both Shehla and Zahida, following which Zahida allegedly plotted to eliminate her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Shocking! Hollywood couple Johnny Depp, Amber Heard to end their marriage
- Celina Jaitly sizzles in elegant black gown and red lips at red carpet in Dubai – See pic
- Good policy essential to India's stability: Raghuram Rajan
- Fit-again Mitchell Starc gunning for West Indies, South Africa
- BJP govt completes two years today, know who are the top performing Modi ministers