Shehla case: Remand of five accused extended
Indore: The judicial remand of all the five accused in RTI activist Shehla Masood`s murder case has been extended to June 11 by the special CBI court.
After filing of chargesheet on May 25, all the five accused - Zahida Pervez, Saba Farooqui, Saquib Ali (Danger), Irfan and Tabish were produced before the Special CBI Judge Dr Shubra Singh yesterday.
The court extended their judicial remand till June 11 and handed them over a copy of chargesheet each, which was filed by the CBI.
The chargesheet blamed Zahida, Saba and Saquib for the murder and conspiracy of Shehla.
According to CBI, Shehla was shot dead in front of her house at Koh-e-Fiza area on August 16, 2011 by alleged sharp shooter Irfan while Tabish accompanied him on the motor cycle at the spot and Saquib kept an eye on them from a safe distance.
After the hearing when mediapersons asked Zahida to comment on the chargesheet, she claimed that she was under tremendous pressure on the issue. However, she did not elaborate further in this regard.
Her close confidant, Saba however alleged that CBI is shielding those involved in the crime and framing innocents in the case.
Zahida and other accused also urged the court to transfer the case to Bhopal for trial, but the judge said a decision on it will be taken as per the rules.
Earlier, CBI gave a clean chit to BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh saying he had no role in the murder of Masood.
However, Singh`s name was mentioned in the charge sheet in connection with the motive of the murder as he was allegedly having a relationship with both Shehla and Zahida, following which Zahida allegedly plotted to eliminate her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok