Shivraj blames Manmohan Singh for the poor state of the economy
Bhopal: Slamming Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the poor state of economy and the slide of the Indian rupee, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday blamed him for damaging the country`s image.
"Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, aap desh ki izzat ko dhool me milane ka kaam kar rahe hai," (PM, you are damaging India`s reputation)," Chouhan said at a function organised here by Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), BJP`s youth wing.
Under the Congress-led UPA rule, prices of diesel and petrol as well as inflation have been rising sharply, causing hardship to a lot of people, he said.
"When BJP-led NDA was in power, the price of a dollar was around Rs 44, but now it trades between Rs 63 and Rs 66. Both Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi have mortgaged the country`s self-respect," Chouhan alleged.
He said even the country`s borders are unsafe under the UPA regime, resulting in incidents like Pakistan crossing the border to kill Indian soldiers.
"Despite these incidents, they are talking about holding talks with Pakistan, which is totally uncalled for. People will never forgive them for mortgaging the country`s self esteem," Chouhan said.
He also blamed former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Digvijay Singh for the mess in the education sector because of which he alleged that careers of an entire generation of teachers got ruined.
He said that during Congress rule which lasted for nearly 60 years, only 47,000 km of roads were constructed, while in the last ten years, 95,000 km of roads were built in the state.
Until 2003, the state produced 2900 MW of power, but now it generates 10,000 MW and would soon cross the 14,000 MW mark in a few years, he said.
Chouhan also blamed Digvijay Singh for poor condition of
the Madhya Pradesh State Electricity Board (MPSEB).
Referring to a recent stone pelting incident at Digvijay Singh in Kukshi town of Dhar district for which he had earlier apologised, Chouhan advised BJYM workers, "There is no need to show them black flags. They will finish themselves off by their own black deeds."
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Priyanka Chopra's dinner date with 'Baywatch' cast! View in pic
- Updated WhatsApp with 'call back', voice mail, video calling features coming soon!
- Ancient Hindu temple reopens after 27 years in Srinagar, Kashmiri Pandits jubilant
- AgustaWestland yet to return entire down payment made by India for VVIP choppers: Report
- This is how Priyanka Chopra spends her day off from 'Baywatch' sets! Check out in pics