Sodomy case: Ex-MP minister Raghavji granted bail
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court on Monday granted bail to former state Finance Minister Raghavji, arrested on sodomy charges.
The bail was granted by the court of Justice TK Kaushal on the grounds of old age and health condition, advocate Raghvendra Singh Rathore said.
"The bail plea of Raghavji was opposed by the lawyers as well as the bar association. However, the court granted him bail as the investigation into the case was over and also because of his old age and health problems," he said.
79-year-old Raghavji was arrested from a flat in Bhopal on July 9 after his servant alleged that he was sexually-abused by the minister for nearly three-and-a-half years on the promise of getting him a government job.
The matter was exposed by the victim by preparing his purported CDs of the sexual act.
After the exposure, Raghavji resigned from the Cabinet and was later the expelled by BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account