Sodomy case: Ex-MP minister Raghavji granted bail
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh High Court on Monday granted bail to former state Finance Minister Raghavji, arrested on sodomy charges.
The bail was granted by the court of Justice TK Kaushal on the grounds of old age and health condition, advocate Raghvendra Singh Rathore said.
"The bail plea of Raghavji was opposed by the lawyers as well as the bar association. However, the court granted him bail as the investigation into the case was over and also because of his old age and health problems," he said.
79-year-old Raghavji was arrested from a flat in Bhopal on July 9 after his servant alleged that he was sexually-abused by the minister for nearly three-and-a-half years on the promise of getting him a government job.
The matter was exposed by the victim by preparing his purported CDs of the sexual act.
After the exposure, Raghavji resigned from the Cabinet and was later the expelled by BJP.
- Ethics committee Chairman to present report on Vijay Mallya in Rajya Sabha today
- AgustaWestland chopper deal scam: CBI grills ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi, Gautam Khaitan
- Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters
- Kerala shamed again: Now, a nursing student gang-raped near Thiruvananthapuram
- This portable device can test your food for glutten in less than 2 minutes!