Three debt-ridden farmers end life in MP
Akola (MP): Three debt-ridden farmers
committed suicide in the last 24 hours in neighbouring Buldana
district of Maharashtra, police said on Monday.
The incidents took place yesterday one after the other
when one farmer hanged himself to death while two others
consumed insecticides, they said.
Bhagwan Bijesing Parihar (35) from Ancharwardi village in
Chikhli taluka hanged self at his house yesterday after crop
In the second incident, Bhika Mangu Rathod (65) of
village Harni near Undri in Buldhana consumed insecticide
after he was unable to pay back his debts, police said.
The third suicide occurred at village Madakhed in Jalgaon
Jamod taluka where 33-year-old Santosh Narhari shintre ended
his life in a similar manner on his agriculture land.
His land was already taken into possession by the money
lender of the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list