Three held for raping minor girl in MP
Gwalior: Three youth were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a teenage girl in Govindpuri area of the city, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place at Kosh Colony last evening when the victim was returning from a coaching institute, they said.
The accused Vishambhar Gurjar, Niranjan Gurjar and Rakesh Kushwaha--all in their 20`s--were apprehended last night and booked under section 376 (B) (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code, Gwalior SP Makrand Deoskar told reporters.
According to police, the accused were distributing marriage invitation card last evening when they saw the 16-year-old walking alone in the locality. The trio then forced the girl into their jeep and took her to a secluded place where they took turns to rape her, Deoskar said.
The accused could be arrested on the basis of the colour of their vehicle and the last two digits of its registration number which were recalled by the victim.
Police said the youth dumped the girl at a secluded place after committing the crime after which she somehow managed to inform her parents about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption