Three held for raping minor girl in MP
Gwalior: Three youth were arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a teenage girl in Govindpuri area of the city, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place at Kosh Colony last evening when the victim was returning from a coaching institute, they said.
The accused Vishambhar Gurjar, Niranjan Gurjar and Rakesh Kushwaha--all in their 20`s--were apprehended last night and booked under section 376 (B) (punishment for rape) of the Indian Penal Code, Gwalior SP Makrand Deoskar told reporters.
According to police, the accused were distributing marriage invitation card last evening when they saw the 16-year-old walking alone in the locality. The trio then forced the girl into their jeep and took her to a secluded place where they took turns to rape her, Deoskar said.
The accused could be arrested on the basis of the colour of their vehicle and the last two digits of its registration number which were recalled by the victim.
Police said the youth dumped the girl at a secluded place after committing the crime after which she somehow managed to inform her parents about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS