TIME`s criticism of PM unwarranted: Chouhan
Pune: Contrary to his party BJP`s attack on the government and PM, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today downplayed the `Time` magazine`s branding of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as an "underachiever".
"We do not need a certificate from a foreign media publication for our Prime Minister. He is our country`s Prime Minister and we respect him," he remarked during a media interaction here when asked to comment on the adjective that was seized upon by the main opposition party to criticise UPA government`s performance on economic front.
Chouhan, who was here to meet industrialists to seek investment in his state, however, said that the prevailing atmosphere of economic instability in the country marked by devaluation of rupee and almost muted foreign investment, should end.
"The economic policy of the Centre is a matter of concern. During my meeting with Prime Minister, I told him that the prevailing uncertainty on economic front should end," he said.
Chouhan said economic instability was also affecting the prospects of investment in states.
He claimed that because of the Centre`s "unclear policy", projects needing mining and environmental clearances were being delayed.
Chouhan, who led a 10-member delegation, met captains of industry from Pune seeking investments in various sectors in Madhya Pradesh, which he said was "investment-friendly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi