TIME`s criticism of PM unwarranted: Chouhan
Pune: Contrary to his party BJP`s attack on the government and PM, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today downplayed the `Time` magazine`s branding of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as an "underachiever".
"We do not need a certificate from a foreign media publication for our Prime Minister. He is our country`s Prime Minister and we respect him," he remarked during a media interaction here when asked to comment on the adjective that was seized upon by the main opposition party to criticise UPA government`s performance on economic front.
Chouhan, who was here to meet industrialists to seek investment in his state, however, said that the prevailing atmosphere of economic instability in the country marked by devaluation of rupee and almost muted foreign investment, should end.
"The economic policy of the Centre is a matter of concern. During my meeting with Prime Minister, I told him that the prevailing uncertainty on economic front should end," he said.
Chouhan said economic instability was also affecting the prospects of investment in states.
He claimed that because of the Centre`s "unclear policy", projects needing mining and environmental clearances were being delayed.
Chouhan, who led a 10-member delegation, met captains of industry from Pune seeking investments in various sectors in Madhya Pradesh, which he said was "investment-friendly".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog