Togadia demands withdrawal of quota for Muslims
Bhopal: Pravin Togadia, international
working president of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), on Thursday
demanded immediate rollback of 4.5 per cent Muslim quota
within the 27 per cent OBC reservations.
The VHP would launch `Hindu Roti and Shiksha Bachao
Andolan` to oppose the quota, he said here.
"We demand immediate withdrawal of 4.5 per cent quota, as
according to the Constitution, reservation cannot be given on
the basis of religion," Togadia said.
"We will not allow it to happen in the country. We will
also challenge it in the court," he said.
"The decision is based on the votebank politics," he
To a question, he suggested that leaders such as Congress
General Secretary Digvijay Singh who support reservation for
Muslims "should go to Pakistan and contest election there".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border