Togadia demands withdrawal of quota for Muslims
Bhopal: Pravin Togadia, international
working president of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), on Thursday
demanded immediate rollback of 4.5 per cent Muslim quota
within the 27 per cent OBC reservations.
The VHP would launch `Hindu Roti and Shiksha Bachao
Andolan` to oppose the quota, he said here.
"We demand immediate withdrawal of 4.5 per cent quota, as
according to the Constitution, reservation cannot be given on
the basis of religion," Togadia said.
"We will not allow it to happen in the country. We will
also challenge it in the court," he said.
"The decision is based on the votebank politics," he
To a question, he suggested that leaders such as Congress
General Secretary Digvijay Singh who support reservation for
Muslims "should go to Pakistan and contest election there".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him