Togadia demands withdrawal of quota for Muslims
Bhopal: Pravin Togadia, international
working president of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), on Thursday
demanded immediate rollback of 4.5 per cent Muslim quota
within the 27 per cent OBC reservations.
The VHP would launch `Hindu Roti and Shiksha Bachao
Andolan` to oppose the quota, he said here.
"We demand immediate withdrawal of 4.5 per cent quota, as
according to the Constitution, reservation cannot be given on
the basis of religion," Togadia said.
"We will not allow it to happen in the country. We will
also challenge it in the court," he said.
"The decision is based on the votebank politics," he
To a question, he suggested that leaders such as Congress
General Secretary Digvijay Singh who support reservation for
Muslims "should go to Pakistan and contest election there".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand