Trial in Shehla Masood case postponed to Oct 11
Indore: The trial in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case was today postponed till October 11 as the special CBI court judge went on leave owing to ill-health.
The trial would resume on October 11 and Sultan Masood (Shehla`s father) and two of the deceased`s relatives - Sayeed Rahil Hussain and Sohail Athar Zaidi - would then depose before the court, CBI sources said.
On October 12, two prosecution witnesses - Anurag Patel and Rubab Jaidi (Shehla`s aunt) - would testify in the case, sources said.
The Shehla case trial had begun on August 31 with sole prosecution witness M R Uikey, the assistant sub-inspector of police.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
Five accused chargesheeted in the case - interior designer and main accused Zahida Pervez, her colleague Saba Farooqui and three alleged shooters Shakeb Ali alias Danger, Tabish Khan and Irfan - were also brought to the court today for trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family