Trial in Shehla Masood case postponed to Oct 11
Indore: The trial in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case was today postponed till October 11 as the special CBI court judge went on leave owing to ill-health.
The trial would resume on October 11 and Sultan Masood (Shehla`s father) and two of the deceased`s relatives - Sayeed Rahil Hussain and Sohail Athar Zaidi - would then depose before the court, CBI sources said.
On October 12, two prosecution witnesses - Anurag Patel and Rubab Jaidi (Shehla`s aunt) - would testify in the case, sources said.
The Shehla case trial had begun on August 31 with sole prosecution witness M R Uikey, the assistant sub-inspector of police.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
Five accused chargesheeted in the case - interior designer and main accused Zahida Pervez, her colleague Saba Farooqui and three alleged shooters Shakeb Ali alias Danger, Tabish Khan and Irfan - were also brought to the court today for trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch