Trial in Shehla Masood case postponed to Oct 11
Indore: The trial in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case was today postponed till October 11 as the special CBI court judge went on leave owing to ill-health.
The trial would resume on October 11 and Sultan Masood (Shehla`s father) and two of the deceased`s relatives - Sayeed Rahil Hussain and Sohail Athar Zaidi - would then depose before the court, CBI sources said.
On October 12, two prosecution witnesses - Anurag Patel and Rubab Jaidi (Shehla`s aunt) - would testify in the case, sources said.
The Shehla case trial had begun on August 31 with sole prosecution witness M R Uikey, the assistant sub-inspector of police.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
Five accused chargesheeted in the case - interior designer and main accused Zahida Pervez, her colleague Saba Farooqui and three alleged shooters Shakeb Ali alias Danger, Tabish Khan and Irfan - were also brought to the court today for trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room