Trial in Shehla Masood case postponed to Oct 11
Indore: The trial in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case was today postponed till October 11 as the special CBI court judge went on leave owing to ill-health.
The trial would resume on October 11 and Sultan Masood (Shehla`s father) and two of the deceased`s relatives - Sayeed Rahil Hussain and Sohail Athar Zaidi - would then depose before the court, CBI sources said.
On October 12, two prosecution witnesses - Anurag Patel and Rubab Jaidi (Shehla`s aunt) - would testify in the case, sources said.
The Shehla case trial had begun on August 31 with sole prosecution witness M R Uikey, the assistant sub-inspector of police.
Shehla was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal on August 16, 2011.
Five accused chargesheeted in the case - interior designer and main accused Zahida Pervez, her colleague Saba Farooqui and three alleged shooters Shakeb Ali alias Danger, Tabish Khan and Irfan - were also brought to the court today for trial.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference