Vested interest of parties block development process: MP CM
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan today alleged that vested interest set
by different parties in state and in Centre blocks development
Addressing a seminar here, he said "In today`s coalition
politics it is very easy to say that we maintain rapid growth,
but the reality is some what different. There are different
ruling parties at state and Centre and are working to fulfil
there set targets which in turn block the development
Chouhan said the one-sided decision taken by Centre to
temporarily stop the works of multi-purpose Maheshwar project
is a direct fallout of the coalition government. He criticised
the "unilateral" decision taken by the Central for temporarily
stopping the works.
He said almost 95 per cent of the works has already been
completed and power generation was to be started from June
onwards, and at the last moment in the name of relief and
rehabilitation of the displaced persons which according to
them has not been upto the mark, the Centre has stopped the
construction works adversely affecting development process.
Chouhan called for streamlining decision making on
developmental issues. "We should see that the benefits of
welfare schemes should reach the common man," he said during
`Jagran Forum on Coalition Government and Rapid Growth`, a
function organised by Jagran group of publication here.
The whole process of development has no meaning until and
unless the benefits reached the last strata of the society, he
Speaking about the Naxalite problem, he said that this is
not only a law and order problem. In fact, we should ensure
the benefits of the various welfare schemes reach the tribals.
He also called for the need to have a long term plan for
the overall development of the society in which elections --
both Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha -- should be held together at
one time after every five years.
"There should be state funding of elections. Even if this
call for a amendment in the Constitution, this should be
done," Chouhan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP