Water woes of Bhopal to end by March
Bhopal: The much-awaited Narmada Water
Project will start pumping water in Bhopal by end of March.
"The Narmada water will reach Bhopal from Sehore by end
of March and there won`t be any water crisis in the state
capital," Madhya Pradesh Public Health and Engineering
Minister Gaurishanker Bisen, who reviewed the progress of the
project told reporters at Sehore today.
"Around 78 per cent work of the project has been
completed," Bisen said.
Under this Rs 274 crore project, Narmada water from
Hirani in Sehore district will reach Bhopal through big
pipelines, the Minister added.
The distance between Hirani - Bhopal is around 70 km and
every day 185 million litres of water would be pumped in the
Bisen said that the project was to complete in June but
it could not and the company hired to accomplish the work has
been paying a penalty of Rs 10,000 per day for the delay from
Presently, Bhopal residents get water from Upper Lake
and Kolar dam once in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened