Water woes of Bhopal to end by March
Bhopal: The much-awaited Narmada Water
Project will start pumping water in Bhopal by end of March.
"The Narmada water will reach Bhopal from Sehore by end
of March and there won`t be any water crisis in the state
capital," Madhya Pradesh Public Health and Engineering
Minister Gaurishanker Bisen, who reviewed the progress of the
project told reporters at Sehore today.
"Around 78 per cent work of the project has been
completed," Bisen said.
Under this Rs 274 crore project, Narmada water from
Hirani in Sehore district will reach Bhopal through big
pipelines, the Minister added.
The distance between Hirani - Bhopal is around 70 km and
every day 185 million litres of water would be pumped in the
Bisen said that the project was to complete in June but
it could not and the company hired to accomplish the work has
been paying a penalty of Rs 10,000 per day for the delay from
Presently, Bhopal residents get water from Upper Lake
and Kolar dam once in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you