13 killed in Pune building collapse
Pune: Thirteen labourers were killed and several others trapped when a slab of an upcoming college building collapsed in a village here Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place in Lonikand village, around 30 km from Pune city, where a new building of an ayurvedic medical college was being constructed.
"Many labourers were working on the fourth floor of the building when a slab gave way. We had initially pulled out bodies of four labourers. The toll has gone up to 13 now," a police official told IANS.
"Rescue operations are still underway and we are checking if there are more people trapped under the debris. However, most of them have been pulled out. One other labourer under treatment is in critical condition," he added.
However, the identities of those killed have not been ascertained yet.
- It's actually shocking! Three monks get involved in brawl at Buddhist temple in China - Watch
- ICICI net plunges 87% to over 11-year low as NPA provision soars
- Geologists discover earth's oldest piece of rock!
- Baaghi movie review: Tiger Shroff and Shraddha Kapoor's action-packed performances fail to make an impression
- Kashmir issue must be resolved under UN resolutions: Pakistan's Aziz