13 killed in Pune building collapse
Pune: Thirteen labourers were killed and several others trapped when a slab of an upcoming college building collapsed in a village here Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place in Lonikand village, around 30 km from Pune city, where a new building of an ayurvedic medical college was being constructed.
"Many labourers were working on the fourth floor of the building when a slab gave way. We had initially pulled out bodies of four labourers. The toll has gone up to 13 now," a police official told IANS.
"Rescue operations are still underway and we are checking if there are more people trapped under the debris. However, most of them have been pulled out. One other labourer under treatment is in critical condition," he added.
However, the identities of those killed have not been ascertained yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi