13 killed in Pune building collapse
Pune: Thirteen labourers were killed and several others trapped when a slab of an upcoming college building collapsed in a village here Tuesday, police said.
The incident took place in Lonikand village, around 30 km from Pune city, where a new building of an ayurvedic medical college was being constructed.
"Many labourers were working on the fourth floor of the building when a slab gave way. We had initially pulled out bodies of four labourers. The toll has gone up to 13 now," a police official told IANS.
"Rescue operations are still underway and we are checking if there are more people trapped under the debris. However, most of them have been pulled out. One other labourer under treatment is in critical condition," he added.
However, the identities of those killed have not been ascertained yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical