13/7 blasts: Victims, families struggle to move on
Mumbai: With a two-year-old daughter in tow, Rinku Vishwakarma is still struggling to cope with the loss of her husband Mankeshwar, who fell victim to the blast at the crowded Zaveri Bazar on July 13 last year.
"Last year, on the same day I saw my husband for the last time... A year has passed but still the pain lingers... It’s yet to heal… What is beyond my control is to explain to my little daughter about her father`s tragic end," says Vishwakarma.
"My daughter always sees his photo and enquires about him. Pointing towards the moon, she asks us to call her father soon," said the 35-year-old housewife with tears welling her eyes.
Though Vishwakarma got the promised amount of Rs 5 lakh from the state, she says it was not easy as it involved too much of documentation.
"I have not studied that much to understand these formalities… Thanks to some of our friends who helped us get the money," she said.
"The money cannot heal my wounds, but it will help me raise my family," she added.
Mankeshwar happened to be at `Khau Galli`, where a scooter packed with explosives went off that fateful day in Zaveri Bazaar, the city`s diamond and jewellery hub.
Another victim Dharmendra Jagia (40), who got severely injured in his limb at the Opera House blast, says that doctors have asked him to undergo two more operations.
"I still have two more operations to go... One for my bone and another for my nerve in the right leg. Until I was discharged, the government paid for my treatment but now I have to shell out money for these operations", said Jagia, who already has undergone four surgeries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears