13/7 blasts: Victims, families struggle to move on
Mumbai: With a two-year-old daughter in tow, Rinku Vishwakarma is still struggling to cope with the loss of her husband Mankeshwar, who fell victim to the blast at the crowded Zaveri Bazar on July 13 last year.
"Last year, on the same day I saw my husband for the last time... A year has passed but still the pain lingers... It’s yet to heal… What is beyond my control is to explain to my little daughter about her father`s tragic end," says Vishwakarma.
"My daughter always sees his photo and enquires about him. Pointing towards the moon, she asks us to call her father soon," said the 35-year-old housewife with tears welling her eyes.
Though Vishwakarma got the promised amount of Rs 5 lakh from the state, she says it was not easy as it involved too much of documentation.
"I have not studied that much to understand these formalities… Thanks to some of our friends who helped us get the money," she said.
"The money cannot heal my wounds, but it will help me raise my family," she added.
Mankeshwar happened to be at `Khau Galli`, where a scooter packed with explosives went off that fateful day in Zaveri Bazaar, the city`s diamond and jewellery hub.
Another victim Dharmendra Jagia (40), who got severely injured in his limb at the Opera House blast, says that doctors have asked him to undergo two more operations.
"I still have two more operations to go... One for my bone and another for my nerve in the right leg. Until I was discharged, the government paid for my treatment but now I have to shell out money for these operations", said Jagia, who already has undergone four surgeries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price