13/7 blasts: Victims, families struggle to move on
Mumbai: With a two-year-old daughter in tow, Rinku Vishwakarma is still struggling to cope with the loss of her husband Mankeshwar, who fell victim to the blast at the crowded Zaveri Bazar on July 13 last year.
"Last year, on the same day I saw my husband for the last time... A year has passed but still the pain lingers... It’s yet to heal… What is beyond my control is to explain to my little daughter about her father`s tragic end," says Vishwakarma.
"My daughter always sees his photo and enquires about him. Pointing towards the moon, she asks us to call her father soon," said the 35-year-old housewife with tears welling her eyes.
Though Vishwakarma got the promised amount of Rs 5 lakh from the state, she says it was not easy as it involved too much of documentation.
"I have not studied that much to understand these formalities… Thanks to some of our friends who helped us get the money," she said.
"The money cannot heal my wounds, but it will help me raise my family," she added.
Mankeshwar happened to be at `Khau Galli`, where a scooter packed with explosives went off that fateful day in Zaveri Bazaar, the city`s diamond and jewellery hub.
Another victim Dharmendra Jagia (40), who got severely injured in his limb at the Opera House blast, says that doctors have asked him to undergo two more operations.
"I still have two more operations to go... One for my bone and another for my nerve in the right leg. Until I was discharged, the government paid for my treatment but now I have to shell out money for these operations", said Jagia, who already has undergone four surgeries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list