1993 Mumbai blast accused confessed to smuggling explosives
Mumbai: An accused in the 1993 Mumbai serial
bomb blast case has confessed to smuggling arms and explosives
in January 1993 in the city, officials said.
In his 20-page confession, which forms part of the over
1,000-page charge sheet filed by CBI against him on July 1,
Feroze Abdul Rahisd Khan said he was in Mumbai during the
March 1993 serial bomb blasts and two days after the blasts he
received a call from Mohammad Dossa, wanted accused in the
case, directing him to dispose off the arms.
According to the confession, Khan was involved in
smuggling of gold and silver as also arms and explosives at
the instance of fugitive Dawood Ibrahim at that time.
Khan, who was arrested in February this year, has been
accused of playing a crucial role in the landing of arms and
explosives used in the blasts.
After the blasts, he allegedly fled to Nepal and using a
bogus Nepali passport under the name Ferozuddin Hamza
travelled to Duabi and Oman.
Khan has also admitted to have met Dawood at Clifton in
Pakistan, the officials said.
Incidentally, Khan, had retracted from his confession
last month before the special TADA court that will conduct his
In 2007, special TADA Judge Pramod Kode had convicted
100 accused including actor Sanjay Dutt in connection with the
1993 blasts. There were a series of 13 powerful explosions at
various places in Mumbai on March 12, 1993 which left 250
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference