21-year-old Army recruit commits suicide in training barracks in Maharashtra
Nashik: A 21-year-old army jawan Jagadish Rao, (recruit number 15235455), a resident of Artillery Centre`s training barracks committed a suicide by hanging himself with his towel on Saturday noon (September 14), the police said here on Monday.
The reason behind his suicide not yet known, the police said.
Subhedar Manwansingh Bachhansingh Rathore (49) of the Artillery Centre Barracks informed the incident to the Upnagar police station, which registered the offence.
Jagadish Rao was rushed to the military hospital after his suicide was noticed, where doctor B Sangita declared him dead, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'