21-year-old Army recruit commits suicide in training barracks in Maharashtra
Nashik: A 21-year-old army jawan Jagadish Rao, (recruit number 15235455), a resident of Artillery Centre`s training barracks committed a suicide by hanging himself with his towel on Saturday noon (September 14), the police said here on Monday.
The reason behind his suicide not yet known, the police said.
Subhedar Manwansingh Bachhansingh Rathore (49) of the Artillery Centre Barracks informed the incident to the Upnagar police station, which registered the offence.
Jagadish Rao was rushed to the military hospital after his suicide was noticed, where doctor B Sangita declared him dead, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September