21-year-old Army recruit commits suicide in training barracks in Maharashtra
Nashik: A 21-year-old army jawan Jagadish Rao, (recruit number 15235455), a resident of Artillery Centre`s training barracks committed a suicide by hanging himself with his towel on Saturday noon (September 14), the police said here on Monday.
The reason behind his suicide not yet known, the police said.
Subhedar Manwansingh Bachhansingh Rathore (49) of the Artillery Centre Barracks informed the incident to the Upnagar police station, which registered the offence.
Jagadish Rao was rushed to the military hospital after his suicide was noticed, where doctor B Sangita declared him dead, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi