21-year-old Army recruit commits suicide in training barracks in Maharashtra
Nashik: A 21-year-old army jawan Jagadish Rao, (recruit number 15235455), a resident of Artillery Centre`s training barracks committed a suicide by hanging himself with his towel on Saturday noon (September 14), the police said here on Monday.
The reason behind his suicide not yet known, the police said.
Subhedar Manwansingh Bachhansingh Rathore (49) of the Artillery Centre Barracks informed the incident to the Upnagar police station, which registered the offence.
Jagadish Rao was rushed to the military hospital after his suicide was noticed, where doctor B Sangita declared him dead, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH