26/11: Abdul Rafe, Jundal’s aide, to be grilled
Beed: Abdul Rafe, a close aide of suspected LeT operative Abu Jundal, has been picked by the Mumbai Crime Branch for questioning in connection with the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Rafe was held three days ago and taken to Mumbai for questioning after Jundal told his interrogators that he had told the Beed resident of the plan to attack Mumbai when he was in Saudi-Arabia.
Police sources said Rafe was in the Gulf between 2005 and 2008, the period during which he allegedly came into contact with Ansari, one of the handlers of Pakistani terrorists who attacked Mumbai in November 2008.
During interrogation, Mumbai police got to know that Rafe, from Georai taluka in Beed district who had shifted to Beed, was in touch with Abu Jundal.
After he returned from the Gulf in 2008, Rafe set up a stationery shop in Barshi Naka area of Beed. Jundal was arrested by the Delhi police for his involvement in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Rafe is a prime evidence of the 26/11 attack plot as he was among those who knew of the attack even before it happened, police sources said.
However, Rafe alias Mohoomad Farukh Rafe, has denied involvement in the 26/11 conspiracy, they added. Rafe worked as helper to a receptionist at a hotel in Saudi-Arabia during 2009 to 2011 when he met Ansari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'