47 doctors suffer food-poisoning at govt-run hospital in Mumbai
Mumbai: Forty-seven doctors at government-run Sion hospital here on Friday fell sick after eating sweets during the Independence Day celebration.
Dean of the hospital, Dr Avinash Supe, said the sweets had been bought from a shop in nearby Koliwada area.
"After the flag-hoisting and other ceremonies, the doctors thought of getting some sweets to end the celebrations. But immediately after eating, many of them started feeling uneasy while some vomited. We had to immediately admit them," Dr Supe told.
Those admitted included 24 women.
"They are now stable and we will be discharging them soon," Dr Supe added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode