47 doctors suffer food-poisoning at govt-run hospital in Mumbai
Mumbai: Forty-seven doctors at government-run Sion hospital here on Friday fell sick after eating sweets during the Independence Day celebration.
Dean of the hospital, Dr Avinash Supe, said the sweets had been bought from a shop in nearby Koliwada area.
"After the flag-hoisting and other ceremonies, the doctors thought of getting some sweets to end the celebrations. But immediately after eating, many of them started feeling uneasy while some vomited. We had to immediately admit them," Dr Supe told.
Those admitted included 24 women.
"They are now stable and we will be discharging them soon," Dr Supe added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’