AAP member charges NCP leader with usurping govt land
Jalna: Aam Admi Party`s Maharashtra unit leader Anjali Damania alleged here today that Nationalist Congress Party leader and Minister of Higher and Technical Education Rajesh Tope usurped government lands in Jalna and Ambad.
However, Rajesh`s father Ankushrao Tope refuted the charges made by Damania and said lands were acquired for educational purposes in accordance with all rules and norms.
Addressing press conference here, Damania charged Tope and his father and former MP Ankushrao Tope of usurping government land by flouting all norms.
Giving details, she said that in 1992, Tushar Sanskurti Krida Mandal had applied for government land on lease at Kharpudi for educational activities.
In 2002, the government allotted a 12-acre plot to Tope for his Sainik School, she said.
Damania alleged Rajesh pressurised the officers and acquired land and usurped five acres at Ambad for Matsyodari College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users