AAP member charges NCP leader with usurping govt land
Jalna: Aam Admi Party`s Maharashtra unit leader Anjali Damania alleged here today that Nationalist Congress Party leader and Minister of Higher and Technical Education Rajesh Tope usurped government lands in Jalna and Ambad.
However, Rajesh`s father Ankushrao Tope refuted the charges made by Damania and said lands were acquired for educational purposes in accordance with all rules and norms.
Addressing press conference here, Damania charged Tope and his father and former MP Ankushrao Tope of usurping government land by flouting all norms.
Giving details, she said that in 1992, Tushar Sanskurti Krida Mandal had applied for government land on lease at Kharpudi for educational activities.
In 2002, the government allotted a 12-acre plot to Tope for his Sainik School, she said.
Damania alleged Rajesh pressurised the officers and acquired land and usurped five acres at Ambad for Matsyodari College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city