AAP member charges NCP leader with usurping govt land
Jalna: Aam Admi Party`s Maharashtra unit leader Anjali Damania alleged here today that Nationalist Congress Party leader and Minister of Higher and Technical Education Rajesh Tope usurped government lands in Jalna and Ambad.
However, Rajesh`s father Ankushrao Tope refuted the charges made by Damania and said lands were acquired for educational purposes in accordance with all rules and norms.
Addressing press conference here, Damania charged Tope and his father and former MP Ankushrao Tope of usurping government land by flouting all norms.
Giving details, she said that in 1992, Tushar Sanskurti Krida Mandal had applied for government land on lease at Kharpudi for educational activities.
In 2002, the government allotted a 12-acre plot to Tope for his Sainik School, she said.
Damania alleged Rajesh pressurised the officers and acquired land and usurped five acres at Ambad for Matsyodari College.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured