Adarsh case: CBI questions police officer, spouse
Mumbai: The CBI on Tuesday questioned former
Mumbai Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Sanjay Barve and his wife
in connection with the Adarsh Housing Society scam here.
According to CBI, Barve`s father was allegedly
allotted a flat in lieu of the No Objection Certificate (NOC)
issued by him for widening of the road adjacent to the
Colaba-based high rise. The flat registered in the name of
Barve`s father was reportedly purchased by the police officer.
"Barve and his wife were questioned since morning and
were asked about the source of their funds with which they had
purchased a flat in Adarsh Society. According to
investigations, majority of the amount was transferred from
account of Barve`s wife," a senior CBI official said.
The agency is also learnt to have questioned Barve
regarding the alleged loan he had given to former Maharashtra
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who is an accused in the scam.
CBI, in its preliminary report, contended that the
police officer had given a loan of Rs 65 lakh to Chavan who
has already denied the charge.
Barve is presently posted as director at Nashik Police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow