Adarsh case: CBI questions police officer, spouse
Mumbai: The CBI on Tuesday questioned former
Mumbai Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Sanjay Barve and his wife
in connection with the Adarsh Housing Society scam here.
According to CBI, Barve`s father was allegedly
allotted a flat in lieu of the No Objection Certificate (NOC)
issued by him for widening of the road adjacent to the
Colaba-based high rise. The flat registered in the name of
Barve`s father was reportedly purchased by the police officer.
"Barve and his wife were questioned since morning and
were asked about the source of their funds with which they had
purchased a flat in Adarsh Society. According to
investigations, majority of the amount was transferred from
account of Barve`s wife," a senior CBI official said.
The agency is also learnt to have questioned Barve
regarding the alleged loan he had given to former Maharashtra
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who is an accused in the scam.
CBI, in its preliminary report, contended that the
police officer had given a loan of Rs 65 lakh to Chavan who
has already denied the charge.
Barve is presently posted as director at Nashik Police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs