Adarsh case: CBI questions police officer, spouse
Mumbai: The CBI on Tuesday questioned former
Mumbai Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Sanjay Barve and his wife
in connection with the Adarsh Housing Society scam here.
According to CBI, Barve`s father was allegedly
allotted a flat in lieu of the No Objection Certificate (NOC)
issued by him for widening of the road adjacent to the
Colaba-based high rise. The flat registered in the name of
Barve`s father was reportedly purchased by the police officer.
"Barve and his wife were questioned since morning and
were asked about the source of their funds with which they had
purchased a flat in Adarsh Society. According to
investigations, majority of the amount was transferred from
account of Barve`s wife," a senior CBI official said.
The agency is also learnt to have questioned Barve
regarding the alleged loan he had given to former Maharashtra
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who is an accused in the scam.
CBI, in its preliminary report, contended that the
police officer had given a loan of Rs 65 lakh to Chavan who
has already denied the charge.
Barve is presently posted as director at Nashik Police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery