Adarsh case: CBI questions police officer, spouse
Mumbai: The CBI on Tuesday questioned former
Mumbai Joint Commissioner (Traffic) Sanjay Barve and his wife
in connection with the Adarsh Housing Society scam here.
According to CBI, Barve`s father was allegedly
allotted a flat in lieu of the No Objection Certificate (NOC)
issued by him for widening of the road adjacent to the
Colaba-based high rise. The flat registered in the name of
Barve`s father was reportedly purchased by the police officer.
"Barve and his wife were questioned since morning and
were asked about the source of their funds with which they had
purchased a flat in Adarsh Society. According to
investigations, majority of the amount was transferred from
account of Barve`s wife," a senior CBI official said.
The agency is also learnt to have questioned Barve
regarding the alleged loan he had given to former Maharashtra
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who is an accused in the scam.
CBI, in its preliminary report, contended that the
police officer had given a loan of Rs 65 lakh to Chavan who
has already denied the charge.
Barve is presently posted as director at Nashik Police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price