Adarsh case: Chavan granted extension till June 20
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Chief Minister
Ashok Chavan was on Monday given extension till June 20 to file
his affidavit before the judicial panel probing the Adarsh
Housing Society scam in which he is an accused.
The Congress leader was issued summons by the
two-member commission on May 10 directing him to file his
affidavit with regard to the Adarsh files he had dealt with.
Chavan, however, sought further time as he wanted to
examine all documents before filing his reply. The two-member
panel on Monday directed him to file his affidavit on June 20.
Chavan was accused of recommending 40 percent
allotment of flats in the Adarsh Society, originally meant for
Kargil war widows, to civilians when he was the revenue
minister. His relatives allegedly got flats in the highrise.
Until now, only Union Power Minister and former chief
minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, who had also dealt with Adarsh
files, has submitted his affidavit.
Union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh,
who was recently given another extension by the panel, is
likely to file his affidavit on June 17.
The commission has so far recorded the evidence of
three witnesses, including Brigadier Deepak Saxena of state
Army Headquarters and Defence Estate Officer Geeta Kashyap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected