Adarsh case: Chavan granted extension till June 20
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Chief Minister
Ashok Chavan was on Monday given extension till June 20 to file
his affidavit before the judicial panel probing the Adarsh
Housing Society scam in which he is an accused.
The Congress leader was issued summons by the
two-member commission on May 10 directing him to file his
affidavit with regard to the Adarsh files he had dealt with.
Chavan, however, sought further time as he wanted to
examine all documents before filing his reply. The two-member
panel on Monday directed him to file his affidavit on June 20.
Chavan was accused of recommending 40 percent
allotment of flats in the Adarsh Society, originally meant for
Kargil war widows, to civilians when he was the revenue
minister. His relatives allegedly got flats in the highrise.
Until now, only Union Power Minister and former chief
minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, who had also dealt with Adarsh
files, has submitted his affidavit.
Union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh,
who was recently given another extension by the panel, is
likely to file his affidavit on June 17.
The commission has so far recorded the evidence of
three witnesses, including Brigadier Deepak Saxena of state
Army Headquarters and Defence Estate Officer Geeta Kashyap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends