Adarsh case: Chavan granted extension till June 20
Mumbai: Former Maharashtra Chief Minister
Ashok Chavan was on Monday given extension till June 20 to file
his affidavit before the judicial panel probing the Adarsh
Housing Society scam in which he is an accused.
The Congress leader was issued summons by the
two-member commission on May 10 directing him to file his
affidavit with regard to the Adarsh files he had dealt with.
Chavan, however, sought further time as he wanted to
examine all documents before filing his reply. The two-member
panel on Monday directed him to file his affidavit on June 20.
Chavan was accused of recommending 40 percent
allotment of flats in the Adarsh Society, originally meant for
Kargil war widows, to civilians when he was the revenue
minister. His relatives allegedly got flats in the highrise.
Until now, only Union Power Minister and former chief
minister Sushil Kumar Shinde, who had also dealt with Adarsh
files, has submitted his affidavit.
Union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh,
who was recently given another extension by the panel, is
likely to file his affidavit on June 17.
The commission has so far recorded the evidence of
three witnesses, including Brigadier Deepak Saxena of state
Army Headquarters and Defence Estate Officer Geeta Kashyap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm