Adarsh inquiry: Commission seeks documents from centre, state
Mumbai: The two-member commission of inquiry
set up by Maharashtra government to probe the Adarsh Housing
Society scam on Wednesday issued summons to the CBI, various Union
Ministries and the state, seeking all the relevant documents
by April 27.
The commission is likely to start recording the evidence
of Brigadier Deepak Saxena of the Army on April 28.
Summons were issued to the Union Urban Land department,
Defence department, Environment and Forests department, the
Law and Judiciary department and the Home ministry, apart from
the state government and the CBI, directing them to produce
all the documents.
A day after the commission admonished Union Law Ministry
for not submitting records and it`s counsel`s absence, senior
lawyer G R Sharma today appeared on its behalf.
He said the Law Ministry did not possess any documents
"The ministry had, in a letter dated April 11, informed
the commission regarding this. The letter states that it would
be proper for the commission to issue notices directly to the
concerned departments," Sharma said.
The panel is constituted to look into issues such as
whether the land where Adarsh came up was reserved for kin of
Kargil war martyrs, and alleged irregularities and violation
of environmental norms while giving various permissions for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police