Adarsh panel erred on my flat size eligibility: Suresh Prabhu
Mumbai: Former Union minister Suresh Prabhu on Monday said the Adarsh probe Commission has erred in its report by holding that his membership to the Adarsh Housing Society was eligible only for a small flat and not for a bigger one.
The Commission had said that in 2008, Prabhu was not an MP at the time of allotment and hence he was not entitled to a bigger flat.
Prabhu, however, clarified that he was MP till 2009 and as per the Government of Maharashtra order all MPs were eligible for a bigger flat.
The commission, while concluding that he was eligible to be a member of Adarsh Society, had erred in considering that he was an MP till 2004, Prabhu said.
He also described as "incorrect" media reports that the panel had found him ineligible. In fact, the commission found me eligible for membership but only for a smaller flat, Prabhu said.
The former Union minister further said the inquiry commission had rightly observed in its report that he had fulfilled all the criteria for being a member of Adarsh society and thus held him eligible for membership.
The only reason why my name was mentioned in the report was about the eligibility of the size of the flat, Prabhu said.
Maharashtra government on December 20 tabled the Adarsh inquiry report before the state Assembly but rejected it, apparently over indictment of four former Congress chief ministers of the state and of some top bureaucrats, causing a furore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe