Advani will tour Maharashtra in two phases
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader LK Advani`s
yatra to take on the UPA government on issues of corruption and blackmoney will cover Maharashtra in two phases starting from October 17, when it enters the Vidarbha region.
"On October 17 and 18, the yatra will reach Maharashtra
and it will cover Nagpur, Wardha and Yavatmal districts
following which it will proceed to Andhra Pradesh," state BJP
leader Atul Shah told reporters here.
Advani will tour the remaining parts of the state like
Sindhudurg in Konkan region, Kolhapur, Sangli, Satara, Raigad,
Mumbai and adjoining Thane district from November 2 onwards,
he said, adding on November 5, the yatra would leave the state.
Shah said party president Nitin Gadkari would welcome
Advani in Nagpur, while in Mumbai and Thane, Deputy leader of
BJP in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde would participate in the
Advani will tour parts of Vidarbha region from October 17
and is expected to address a press conference the following
day. He is also slated to address the media in the second
phase of the yatra in Kolhapur on November 3, Pune on November
4 and in Mumbai on November 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price