Ajit Pawar `snubs` RR Patil at Maharashtra cabinet meet
Mumbai: Differences among ministers in Sharad Pawar-led NCP once again came to the fore when two party stalwarts Ajit Pawar and RR Patil differed at the Cabinet meeting on Wednesday on the issue of restoration of power supply to defaulters for the upcoming festive season.
Patil, who heads the Home department, demanded the power supply be restored considering the festive period and wanted the bills to be waived.
"The government should restore the power supply and also waive bills of defaulters," a minister who attended the meeting quoted Patil as saying.
Patil initially raised the issue of Gadchiroli, saying some locals in the district are using only one bulb in their houses and have not paid their bills.
"It (Gadchiroli) is a remote area and affected by Naxalism. If we have to be bring these people into the mainstream, they need electricity," Patil was quoted saying by another minister.
Patil is the guardian minister of Gadchiroli district.
However, Deputy Chief Minister Pawar, who also holds power portfolio, virtually snubbed Patil for the demand of waiver and insisted on paying up the bills.
"Power supply will not be restored unless they pay up their bills," Pawar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best