All party Vidarbha bandh call for separate statehood
Nagpur: An all party meeting today decided to
give Vidarbha bandh call on January 20 in support of a demand
of separate state for the region.
After a day long sit-in agitation by former Union
Minister and local Congress MP, Vilas Muttemwar and
supporters, second meeting convened by Bharip Bahujan
Mahasangh leader Prakash Ambedkar, the third in a series of
meeting convened by former Maharashtra Minister Ranjeet
Deshmukh, today decided to go on a peaceful Vidarbha bandh on
January 20 to press for the demand of separate Vidarbha.
Barring Shiv Sena and CPM, all major political parties
including Congress, BJP, NCP, Bharip Bahujan Mahasangh, RPI
and others took part in the meeting and decided to give a call
Prominent among those who attended the meeting include
Vilas Muttemwar, MP Datta Meghe, former MPCC president Ranjeet
Deshmukh and others.
Later talking to reporters, Deshmukh said a committee was
set up comprising all elected representatives including MPs,
MLAs, Corporators and members of local bodies.
The committee has been named as "Vidarbha Rajya Sangram
Samiti", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in