All party Vidarbha bandh call for separate statehood
Nagpur: An all party meeting today decided to
give Vidarbha bandh call on January 20 in support of a demand
of separate state for the region.
After a day long sit-in agitation by former Union
Minister and local Congress MP, Vilas Muttemwar and
supporters, second meeting convened by Bharip Bahujan
Mahasangh leader Prakash Ambedkar, the third in a series of
meeting convened by former Maharashtra Minister Ranjeet
Deshmukh, today decided to go on a peaceful Vidarbha bandh on
January 20 to press for the demand of separate Vidarbha.
Barring Shiv Sena and CPM, all major political parties
including Congress, BJP, NCP, Bharip Bahujan Mahasangh, RPI
and others took part in the meeting and decided to give a call
Prominent among those who attended the meeting include
Vilas Muttemwar, MP Datta Meghe, former MPCC president Ranjeet
Deshmukh and others.
Later talking to reporters, Deshmukh said a committee was
set up comprising all elected representatives including MPs,
MLAs, Corporators and members of local bodies.
The committee has been named as "Vidarbha Rajya Sangram
Samiti", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'