Bhujbal refutes BJP`s charges over coal blocks allocations
Mumbai: Maharashtra PWD Minister and senior NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal today refuted the charges levelled against him by BJP leader Kirit Somaiya in connection with coal block allocations.
"Somaiya has a habit of levelling false allegations," Bhujbal told reporters here.
"The allegations made by Somaiya are baseless. I had not applied for any coal blocks. I am not in partnership with anybody," Bhujbal said.
Somaiya had recently called for a probe in the links between the minister`s Armstrong Energy and Abhijeet Infrastructure, a Manoj Jaiswal group, against whom the CBI has filed an FIR.
"I am pained as the media is also blowing the issue out of proportion," the NCP minister added.
Bhujbal said that his nephew Samir Bhujbal was trying for a coal field in Indonesia, which had no relation with the scam.
Somaiya had alleged that there was no business activity in Armstrong Energy, except for purchasing two coal mines in Singapore and Indonesia for Bhujbal`s power plant in Nashik.
"Abhijeet group was given a PWD contract of Rs 1,256 crore four months ago in Akola-Waranga-Hingoli Road. A probe should be ordered whether Armstrong Energy was a front for Abhijeet group," the BJP leader had demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players