BJP MLA arrested in cheating, threatening case
Ahmednagar: BJP MLA Shivaji Kardile has been arrested for allegedly cheating and threatening an eye surgeon with a revolver, police said on Friday.
Kardile was arrested yesterday after an eye surgeon Dr
Prakash Kankriya registered a police complaint against him
stating that the MLA had taken Rs 92 lakh from him as part of
a deal to sell 23 acres of land at an adjoining village Burhan
However, the BJP leader sold to the land to someone else.
When Kankriya approached Kardile to get his money back he was
threatened with a revolver, the complaint said.
A cheating and threatening case was registered against
Kardile, who was remanded in judicial custody till December 12
by a sessions court here.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Vinod Tawde alleged that the
case against Kardile was a conspiracy by political rivals to
defame the party ahead of the elections to eight municipal
councils in the district scheduled on December 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180