BJP MLA arrested in cheating, threatening case
Ahmednagar: BJP MLA Shivaji Kardile has been arrested for allegedly cheating and threatening an eye surgeon with a revolver, police said on Friday.
Kardile was arrested yesterday after an eye surgeon Dr
Prakash Kankriya registered a police complaint against him
stating that the MLA had taken Rs 92 lakh from him as part of
a deal to sell 23 acres of land at an adjoining village Burhan
However, the BJP leader sold to the land to someone else.
When Kankriya approached Kardile to get his money back he was
threatened with a revolver, the complaint said.
A cheating and threatening case was registered against
Kardile, who was remanded in judicial custody till December 12
by a sessions court here.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Vinod Tawde alleged that the
case against Kardile was a conspiracy by political rivals to
defame the party ahead of the elections to eight municipal
councils in the district scheduled on December 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test