BJP MLA arrested in cheating, threatening case
Ahmednagar: BJP MLA Shivaji Kardile has been arrested for allegedly cheating and threatening an eye surgeon with a revolver, police said on Friday.
Kardile was arrested yesterday after an eye surgeon Dr
Prakash Kankriya registered a police complaint against him
stating that the MLA had taken Rs 92 lakh from him as part of
a deal to sell 23 acres of land at an adjoining village Burhan
However, the BJP leader sold to the land to someone else.
When Kankriya approached Kardile to get his money back he was
threatened with a revolver, the complaint said.
A cheating and threatening case was registered against
Kardile, who was remanded in judicial custody till December 12
by a sessions court here.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader Vinod Tawde alleged that the
case against Kardile was a conspiracy by political rivals to
defame the party ahead of the elections to eight municipal
councils in the district scheduled on December 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves