BJP will welcome Sena-MNS alliance: Munde
Mumbai: BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Wednesday said his party would welcome an alliance between its partner Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.
"Shiv Sena and MNS should think of a common programme to come together. The BJP also wants both of them to come together," Munde told reporters.
He said Sena president Uddhav Thackeray`s statement in party mouthpiece `Saamna` is the first positive step.
In second part of an interview published in Sena mouthpiece `Saamna` here today, Uddhav said he would welcome any offer of an alliance between his party and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) in the interests of Marathi people.
Munde said he would try to bring Shiv Sena and MNS together. "Even workers of the Shiv Sena, the MNS and the BJP feel that Uddhav and Raj should come together," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'