BJP will welcome Sena-MNS alliance: Munde
Mumbai: BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Wednesday said his party would welcome an alliance between its partner Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray-led Maharashtra Navnirman Sena.
"Shiv Sena and MNS should think of a common programme to come together. The BJP also wants both of them to come together," Munde told reporters.
He said Sena president Uddhav Thackeray`s statement in party mouthpiece `Saamna` is the first positive step.
In second part of an interview published in Sena mouthpiece `Saamna` here today, Uddhav said he would welcome any offer of an alliance between his party and Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) in the interests of Marathi people.
Munde said he would try to bring Shiv Sena and MNS together. "Even workers of the Shiv Sena, the MNS and the BJP feel that Uddhav and Raj should come together," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing