BMC announces weekly zone-wise day-long water cut next year
Mumbai: As a remedy to resolve water woes of
the city, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) today
announced its decision to impose zone-wise 24-hour water cut
once-a-week on pilot basis, for two weeks starting mid-
"We will impose zone-wise 24-hour water cut once-a-week
from mid-January on pilot basis. We will do this for first two
weeks and based on its results will decide whether it should
be taken ahead or not," Municipal Commissioner Swadhin
With this cut we expect that those staying at the fag end
of the city will get water adequately during that period, he
Though the MCGM today declared that it will impose such a
cut, before going ahead with this move it needs consent from
"We will try our best to convince them as it for the
betterment of Mumbaikars. It is essential to impose this cut
because we will save some water which will help us in the long
run," Kshatriya said.
A Congress corporator said, "we do not have any objection
with this zone-wise 100 per cent water cut once-a-week as it
will be done on pilot basis. We will come to whether the
corporation has succeeded or not in its move only after its
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened